It is time to celebrate the Fourth of July! A holiday that comes with a ton of not-so-healthy food choices—where the buffet tables at barbecues and picnics aren’t the best position to obtain foodstuff that aligns with your healthy diet—and that is not even mentioning all the fare at the deep fried-every little thing stands at our local Independence Working day community celebrations. It is almost like these summer time holiday seasons are attempting to derail your healthy feeding on!
But no fears, you can easily get back on observe by taking command of your consuming destiny—provide your very own healthful eats any time you go rejoice. Not only are you guaranteeing you are going to have a healthy choice to nosh on, but you are also sharing your clean up eats with all all those people you adore. And in the scenario of these patriotic, festive skewers, you’ll be the hit of the occasion! So skip the cookies with purple, white and blue sprinkles — alternatively, display individuals that pure meals can be just as patriotic as those people vacant calorie treats!
Pink, White, and Blueberry Fruit Skewers
Can make 9 skewers
- 3 significant bananas, minimize into 1” pieces
- 13 significant strawberries, hulled and cut in fifty percent
- About ½ cup blueberries
- 9 wooden skewers
- For five of the skewers, string on a single strawberry half, followed by a banana piece, adopted by a different strawberry 50 percent, and then yet another banana piece. Fill the remaining half of the skewer with blueberries.
- For the remaining 4 skewers, string on a strawberry fifty percent, followed by a banana piece, and repeat right up until the skewer is full. Location the skewers in the order proven on a platter. Serve immediately.
- If serving a group, double or triple the recipe and just stack the skewers on major of a person another to maintain the flag format.
- If not serving promptly, you can continue to keep the bananas from browning by dipping them in a alternative of 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in advance of putting on the skewers.
Approximate nutrition for every skewer: 53 energy, .1g unwanted fat, 13.5g carbs, .7g protein
What is your most loved matter to do on the Forth of July?